Monday, July 2, 2012

CUBAN FUNK - JUAN PABLO TORRES




                                  JUAN PABLO TORRES -  ALGO NUEVO

For some reason this is a record I put off buying for a while even though I knew it was dope. I had heard the tune "Son of propulsion" on a few mix tapes and comps and always really dug it. But I think I was too heavy into digging for Afro and Colombian stuff the last few years and Cuban funk was always pushed aside. Now I'm living for the funky cuban vibes.

So I finally saw it pop up on the bay and decided it was time to cop it. What I didn't realise though was the whole record is complete fire. It's the perfect blend of latin, psych, funk and rock. Another jam is the opening track "Y QUE BIEN", with the killer beatbox style latin intro this ones for the tropical heads.

cop here

keep diggin y'all!!!

1 comment: